What a fantastic way to start a Monday. I came in this morning to discover I have been given the Versatile Blogger award by the two wonderful Melissas of ‘Queen bee eats for a day’. It is great to know that foodie peers read and enjoy the recipes I’ve been posting!
I am extremely honored to have received this award, and it was very unexpected. So, I thank the Queen Bees from the bottom of my heart for this honour! Thank you ladies!
The Guidelines for accepting this award are:
– Thank the person who gave it to you.
– Tell 7 things about yourself.
– Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic!
7 Things about Lollcakes
1. I am a South-African girl living in Sydney, with an accent that no-one can decipher anymore…
2. I have a mass of curly blonde hair, and due to this Frank calls me ‘Cheesehead’
3. I’ve been baking since I was 7ish, and have my first cookbook to prove it
4. I don’t like mixing sweet and savory flavours, very unadventurous of me!
5. I am a naturally highly strung person, so Frank is my saving grace and my most tolerant audience
6. I am trying to encourage my defacto niece’s early love of cooking (she is 6). My aunt gave me my first cookbook, and I am hoping to have the same positive (?) influence on Sophie
7. I think about food all the time. ALL THE TIME.
15 Wonderful Blogs I follow, in no particular order:
1. 17 and baking – http://17andbaking.com/
2. Eat, show and tell – http://www.eatshowandtell.com/
3. The Elegant Sufficiency – http://elegantsufficiency.typepad.com/the_elegant_sufficiency/
4. Not quite Nigella – http://www.notquitenigella.com/
5. The Unappreciated baker – http://theunappreciatedbaker.wordpress.com/
6. Queen Bee eats for a day – http://queenbeeeatsforaday.wordpress.com/
7. Tes at home – http://tesathome.com/
8. Frills in the Hills – http://www.frillsinthehills.com/
9. The Twisted Kitchen – http://twistedkitchen.blogspot.com/
10. Little Red Said… – http://littleredsaid.blogspot.com/
11. More Than A Mount Full – A Culinary Journey – http://www.morethanamountfull.blogspot.com/
12. A well-feathered nest – http://awellfeatherednest.blogspot.com/
13. Mmm, Tasty! – http://www.mmmtasty.ca/
14. Anula’s Kitchen – http://www.anulaskitchen.blogspot.com/
15. Living in the kitchen with puppies – http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies.blogspot.com/
Thanks again for including me in this wonderful award Queenie Bees, and Happy Monday everyone!